An expression used to describe unrelated children in a family whose birth dates are less than 9 months apart.
- you know that stage well.
- you have and are parenting a child that age already
- sharing toys and clothes (especially if the twin is the same sex/size)
- can be easier to bond
- built-in playmate
- helps the adopted child feel even more connected to the family
- helps the adopted child transition into school since their sibling is in their class and can help them navigate life as a 3/4/5 year old
- too much at once (don't I always say "how do they do it!?" of moms with twins, though primarily I mean in infancy)
- potentially confusing for the biological child