16.6.12

from a former foster kid...

A reader of my blogs contacted me recently, suggesting this blog. I'm so glad she did.
It's written by a former foster kid, and it is among the most insightful and helpful things a future-adoptive-parent can read. Especially if you're like me and want to adopt FROM foster care/ banque mixte.

Don't get me wrong. It is not encouraging. But it's real and eye-opening and has reminded Brad and I why we are so passionate about adopting a child from foster care.

For many reasons, but here's one biggie: Foster kids are only kids until they're 18. Then they're phased out (read: kicked out). Often to the streets, with no family or adults to care for them.

Read this post to get a better idea. Be prepared for adult content in this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment