mozzarella, red cause (probably will use pasta sauce), caramelized oninions, white wine flavoured sausage, and tomatoes.
The Crust: I try a new crust practically every time from a different show on the food network or food blog, but this one is the best I've tried so now I'm staying with it:
Spelt Pizza Dough (by Anna Olsen)
- 3/4 cup tepid water (105ºF)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F and place a baking tray or pizza stone in oven.
- For dough, stir water and yeast together, then stir in flours, salt and olive oil until dough becomes hard to work with a wooden spoon.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for just 1 minute, until dough feels elastic. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in 2 and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece as thinly as possible, to about 9-inches across. Remove heating pan or stone from oven and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal.
- bake for 10-15 minutes.