7.1.10

milestone 1

Last night, for the first time since the first week of December I slept through the night. Glory!

I've been waking up between 2 and 4 times per night for the last 6 weeks to pee, and then when I'm awake the nausea hits me and I feel sick or am sick for the next hour or so, resulting in a 2nd bathroom break, and hopefully sleep. It was nice knowing the first month or so are the worst for frequent urination, because that season is winding down (wow, almost 7 weeks already!)

When I woke up this morning to day light I was literally shocked. And to think, I JUST got into the hang of things: brought a tall glass of water to bed as I was becoming dehydrated after so many bathroom trips, brought some crackers to munch on to counteract the nausea, started assuming an hour when I could to nap, etc. And just like that, I slept through the night. What a pathetic milestone! But we (yes because Brad bears the brunt of these horrible nights often) were thrilled!

I thought God was having me awake every 2 hours to prepare me for when I'll have to breast feed in the wee hours of the morning, but maybe he's also preparing me for celebrating tiny milestones in my own baby as I did this morning at the full 7 hours of sleep I got :)

No comments:

Post a Comment