16.5.13

prego stats - 21 weeks



How far along: 21 weeks, AKA OVER THE HUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total weight gain: not 100% sure, probably 10 lbs? I've read + been told that for my body mass index + height my weight gain should be just as it should, so I'm glad for that. For those interested, it tends to average 5lbs in the 1st trimester, and then 1 lb every week thereafter. Resulting in approximately 25-35lbs gained total. This has generally been the way things have gone for me, and then it takes about the same amount of time to loose the weight (9 months). Don't we all wish it took ONE? But that's another post for another day :)

How big is baby: length of a carrot. anyone else find these slightly unhelpful? What kind of carrot? In my fridge right now we have carrots of various sizes. I want more details!

Maternity Clothes: A lot of my shorts from last summer fit right now (not maternity) because last summer I was still losing weight from my pregnancy with Oli. When I finally lost all the weight (approximately 12 months after his birth) the shorts were too large, but now that I'm 21 weeks, they're perfect. I also find pants/shorts can fit if they're low rise since my bump hasn't dropped yet. But shirts are mostly all maternity now since I need the extra length.

Sleep: my body and baby3 may be allowing me sleep (thank goodness!) but my older two kids haven't been lately :( Oli has been waking EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for over a month, between 10pm and 1am, and normally for up to an hour. Not fun. 

Best moment this week: The kids regularly take turns kissing, "hugging", and cuddling their little sister (aka the bump) which is the sweetest! And I found a darling little dress, brand new (tags still on!) in light blue/chambray for Little Sister for $2 at Salvation Army this week and it got me verrrrry excited for another girl!

Movement: yes, but very low! And much more subtle than the other two were at 21 weeks, but again, probably because she's so low. It's hard for others to feel her movements because of her placement but I feel a lot internally.

Food cravings:My sweet tooth is BACK. I'm sorry to my dentist.

Food aversions:Not much lately, though I've been opting for more vegetarian meals lately.

Gender: GIRL! 

Labor signs: n/a

Belly button in or out: like always in pregnancy, out. And Public Service Announcement: it's NOT FUN when anyone (including my husband) pokes the protruding belly button. It actually hurts and you might be surprised how many people do it. They think it's cute and funny but it's very stretched skin and painful.

What I miss: sleep, but I can't blame pregnancy on that right now (cough Oli cough).

What I'm not loving: at the end of the day my lower body aches a bit, and in the morning my feet get painful cramps, but they go away quickly.

What I’m looking forward to: 2 weeks without the kiddos!!! Brad and I are headed on our first kids-free trip and it is coming at THE BEST TIME. We need this bad.

What I'm loving: Being pregnant, seeing the kids engage with the pregnancy, warm weather :)

Milestone(s):?

No comments:

Post a Comment