31.1.13

I didn't assume it would be any different :)

Both of my pregnancies included a heavy dose of 1st trimester nausea and vomiting and I knew going into this third one that it would be much of the same. Not much to say on that, except I was right, and it's happening.

Being prepared helped a bit - Brad is more prepared and helpful when I'm sick than in the past because he's wrapped his head around it and expects it. But nothing really glams up the 24/7 nausea and head-in-toilet scenes from my last week and a half (the nausea, like my pregnancy with Oli, didn't start until the end of week 5).

My plan was always to get on Diclectin asap, but you need a doctor to prescribe it to you and my appointment with my new OBGYN isn't until the end of February! As in, 4 weeks away :(
I could go to the walk-in clinic but that usually means a long wait, finding childcare during the day (or my husband taking hours off work), and making myself vulnerable to other people's sicknesses. I'm still not sure if it's better to wait it out or go that route.

Bleck. That's what's up. Week 7. #stillthankful

6 comments:

  1. GET THE DICLECTIN!! Find someone to take Oli while Lily is in Daycare...one month is much too long to deal with all that!! I tried doing without and realized really quick that it was not going to work out! Hope you feel better soon :) Congrats, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I just am so worried that I'll get an additional illness by sitting there all day! My friend just mentioned she had extra left over that hasn't expired. I may drive out to her to buy it off her tomorrow! She is 30 min by car away, but so worth it!!

      Delete
  2. I feel so bad for you!! I had to take Diclectin until the night before I went into labour. I tried going off a few times but I was always sick.

    Is there no way to call your family doctor and have them fax a prescription to a pharmacist? My doctor knows me well so she would do that for me, maybe yours will too?

    Hang in there!! Oh, and when are you due? September?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if only I HAD a family doctor :(

      Montreal is notorious for it's family doctor shortage.

      Delete
  3. Hang in there Em! I hope you can find some relief. I had morning sickness for the first 12 weeks with this one (and I never had it with Levi). Add in daily injections for my blood disorder and compression stockings for a swollen vein it's been fun!

    #stillthankful is a good reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have been quite an experience for you. And it’s heartbreaking that you have to wait until the end of February to meet up with your new OBGYN. How are you feeling now, btw? And how did your appointment go? I hope you heard some good news from your doctor.

    Elli

    ReplyDelete