9.4.13

prego stats - week 16

I am LOVING being pregnant this week. Of course, I'm tired, but the absence of nausea and vomiting are not lost on me. I am SO thankful to be at week 16 of a healthy pregnancy, past the terrible morning sickness and crippling fatigue, and still small enough to get around without a fork lift :) Life is good. And now, les stats.



How far along: 16 weeks

Total weight gain: 5 lbs (I was 4 lbs up last week at my appointment, so I'm estimating)

How big is baby: avocado

Maternity Clothes: I'm in a tough spot because a lot of maternity clothes I own are too big for me (from previous pregnancies, hand-me-downs, etc. I have two pair of skinny jeans (one blue one demin) and I love them both, but they're the only two that fit me, so I'm debating buying more. I would love to wear my other jeans but they're not fitting right, though they probably will later on in pregnancy (as if I'll need long pants in August, though!)

Sleep: Some days I don't nap, and that hasn't been the end of the world this week. I'm still trying to get more than 8 hours at night and 2 in the day, but that's not always happening with life and all.

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move about in my womb. YES! BABY MOVEMENT! Earliest I've felt it yet, but that's not uncommon for a third pregnancy, I'm told.

Movement: holllllller.

Food cravings: Not really this week. I'm cutting back on sugar and trying to eat healthy since my appetite is finally resembling that of someone carrying another human. I'm HUNGRY.

Food aversions: still whole chicken, which we used to cook once a week! I'm not sure why, but it's the last aversion I can shake. Brad misses his favourite roast chicken, but I sure don't right now!

Gender: Guys, am I a bad mama if I hope it's a girl? I know if/when I find out it's a boy I'll eventually be thrilled (and Oli rocks my world), but right now it feels like so long since we've had a baby girl in the house and it's all I can think about. We'll find out April 30th! Get your vote on! (sidebar)

Labor signs: n/a

Belly button in or out: out and proud.

What I miss: having lots of clothes to wear! options in the closet!

What I'm not loving: heart burn + constipation are getting niiiice and comfy around here.

What I’m looking forward to: April 30th. Duh. And a check up I have on the 25th just before. I just love checking in with my fabulous doctor and hearing the heart beat :)

What I'm loving: every.single.week. Seriously, this pregnancy (maybe because we had to try longer than the first two, maybe because we had two scares early on, or maybe because we're grieved with many many friends who've miscarried during this pregnancy) is such a blessing. I am not taking it for granted and I am in awe of God.

Milestone(s): movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment