15.4.13

prego stats - week 17



How far along: 17 whole weeks!

Total weight gain: 5 lbs

How big is baby: an onion

Maternity Clothes: yes, sir! 

Sleep: It's funny. The 2nd trimester brings more energy, to be sure, but I still have the odd day where I can hardly scrape myself off the couch/bed/floor/laundry heap. Today was one of those days. I skipped napping this morning because I slept for a good 8 hours last night and felt rested. Plus someone was coming over to buy some old cloth diapers from me that I listed on craigslist, in the middle of nap time. And then I went out on a walk with Morgan and the kids and felt great. Until about 3:30pm. OH MY WORD. Morgan left around 4pm, and at 4:45 I woke up on the reading ottoman corner in the kids room, no idea how I got there. Ladies and gentlemen, THAT is what you call tired.

Best moment this week: feeling baby movement and planning for baby #3 has been so fun!

Movement: YES! Occasionally I feel it, and I love it. It's so reassuring and I am reminded of the great gift I'm carrying each and every time. Need to remember that when the movement is less joyful and more painful and inconvenient in the 3rd trimester :)

Food cravings: I'm eating Lebanese take out right now. Does that answer your question?

Food aversions: Still some meats, but basically nothing anymore.

Gender: FIFTEEN MORE DAYS, PLAYERS! I can't wait to find out. Vote on the sidebar for the sex you think it'll be. Because it's fun, and for no other reason :)

Labor signs: n/a

Belly button in or out: Out.

What I miss: energy, my old clothes, the days before stretch marks (but that was 3 years ago...)

What I'm not loving: Constipation like woah. Is that TMI?

What I’m looking forward to: OK this deserves a post all to itself, and one is coming this week, but get this: NURSING. I know, me, who had two horrific experiences complete with poor latching, low supply, mama guilt like woah, evil laleche ladies telling me I'm a bad mom and all the rest of it.... I am excited to try nursing again. 

What I'm loving: Oli kissing my tummy and saying "baby!" all the time, and Lily asking if she can "hold" the baby (and then putting her two little hands on either side of my bump). These two are going to be great big siblings!

Milestone(s): 2nd trimester, movement, and breast tenderness and tingling (signs of milk production, we hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment